Paid OTR training
Our 5-week Finishing Program offers competitive training pay. We also work to get you home during training - something other companies won't always do. On top of that, we will have you handling your rig like a pro, thanks to:
- Experienced trainers chosen from Halvor's top drivers
- Extensive safety training, including our "50 backs" program to enhance docking skills
- Side-by-side coaching - the trainer is in the passenger seat while you drive
- One year of additonal mentoring with your trainer via phone, text or e-mail
- DOT drug test
- Agility test
- Overviews of Halvor's safety and maintenance programs
- Review of pay, benefits, and health & wellness offerings
- Introductions to many of the people you’ll interact with in our terminals and while on the road each day
OTR Training - Weeks One through Five
- Take the wheel with confidence - your trainer will be right there to support you
- Practice backing so you can do it like a pro
- Get real-time tips and coaching from your trainer
- Ask questions - the more the better - and know you're getting answers from someone who knows how to get the most out of the miles they run.
Week Six and Beyond
Your trainer will be available via phone, text and e-mail for the remainder of your first year. You'll also be supported by your driver manager and safety team.
Looking for more info? Call us at 800.579.2114.
Need your CDL first? Check out Halvor's paid CDL Training Program.