Paid CDL Training Program
Eager to get your CDL but worried about the cost? Halvor's paid CDL training program will put you in the driver's seat without putting you into debt.
What's more, our CDL training offers smaller class sizes and more time behind the wheel with an instructor than many other programs. Qualify for the program, and you'll be ready to take your CDL exam after just four weeks.
To qualify for Halvor's paid CDL training program:
- Meet our hiring requirements (see below)
- Have a valid Class A commercial learner's permit (CLP)
- Commit to driving with Halvor Lines for one year after obtaining your CDL
- Join Halvor Lines as a paid employee your first day of CDL training
How the program works:
Week One - Classroom instruction:
- Review the fundamentals of commercial driving, using leading edge curriculum based on the U.S. Department of Transportation's 2022 CDL standards
- Learn about Halvor's history and operations, our driver-centered culture and what it means to "Drive with the Best"
Weeks Two through Four:
- Take what you learn in the classroom and apply it behind the wheel, first on a driving range, then on the road
- Take the wheel with confidence - your trainer will be right there to support you
- Spend a few hours each day behind the wheel, thanks to low instructor-to-student ratios
- Practice backing until you can do it like a pro
- Ask questions - the more the better - and know you're getting answers from someone with years of real-world trucking experience
Qualifying for your CDL:
With your training complete, it's time to obtain your CDL Class A License. You complete this on your own, but we can help if you have questions about testing locations or how to schedule.
Once you have your CDL permit, you'll be paired with a trainer and fast-tracked through our Halvor Lines Paid OTR Training Program in just three weeks.*
*Finishing Program is five weeks for trainees who have not been through Halvor's CDL training program.
Qualifying candidates must: